- I don't know how much mischief that first creature can cause with just a head and four little legs but with an expression like that I wouldn't want to test him.
- Not many bears have a long flowing mane yet this one seems determined not to be thought of as less powerful.
- I asked my boyfriend to give me a word and I'd come up with a creature related to it. He said 'dront'. That made me think of a short, tough, aggressive creature so I drew this armoured horned beast. He later told me 'dront' was Swedish for 'dodo'. Oh. Well, I got the 'short' part right.
- A mechanical bug with fire coming out the butt. Who would invent such a thing? My theory is that it crawls around bars for all those people that ask "Got a light?" My second theory is that it incinerates anyone who asks "Got a cigarette?"
- Another fish with seaweed hair apparently, although this one has a shell hat. He appears to be on his way to a party. I certainly didn't plan to draw him that way. Perhaps I just wasn't invited.
- Two days ago I said I would include monkeys on these pages, but didn't really know what to do with them. Do you see what I mean now? I drew this guy and I liked it, but there's no fantasy element to here. It's just a monkey. I guess, subconciously, I think monkeys are pretty cool and varied enough as they are.
- Drawing wings on the side of that bird's head meant it was destined not to fly, but I don't care. I like it this way.
- This snake doesn't have eyes on its head, it has them everywhere else instead. That's a nice little rhyme, so I'll quit while I'm ahead.
There may have been a theme attempted here, to make each creature on this page a monstrous beast. It starts off strong enough with the bat creature, but then the wolf I followed it up with looks rather fluffy and wide-eyed. No claws, no snarling teeth. The demon creature has those, but his stance isn't imposing, he could be waiting at a bus stop. Then there's a little bug, simply keeping company. Don't get me wrong, I ilke these guys. But the theme that started with the bat, seemed to end with it.
Fantasy Week hasn't ended though. More tomorrow!